- FMLA in the Trenches: Advanced Tips & Tactics for Administering Problematic Leaves of Absence
April 24, 2014 1:00pm
This session is for moderate-to-experienced HR professionals and benefits administrators who are responsible for reviewing and/or making determinations about FMLA leave requests.
- Travel Pay: When to Pay It, How to Pay It, and How to Tax It
April 25, 2014 1:00pm
Don’t get caught in an FLSA lawsuit or an audit of your employees’ travel expenses! Either one could be a huge expense and black mark on your record. Discover the proper steps NOW to pay and reimburse employees correctly for travel.
- SharePoint Workshop: Mastering Document Management
April 29, 2014 1:00pm
Has your workplace deployed Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010, but you’re still using only a fraction of the software’s capabilities? One of the best uses for SharePoint is document management.
- Authentic Persuasion: How to Pitch Anything to Anyone
April 30, 2014 1:00pm
Persuasion is an art. If you push too hard, you will risk being aggressive. If you nudge too lightly, you may turn into a pest. It’s frustrating when you believe in your idea, product or project but struggle to convince others of its importance.
- Employee Leave Workshop: Mastering FMLA, ADA & Workers’ Comp Compliance
May 1, 2014 1:00pm
Changes to the FMLA and ADA in the past few years have made employee-leave compliance much more confusing—and the legal risks are higher than ever!
- How to Effectively Manage Remote Employees
May 2, 2014 1:00pm
The office is no longer the center of the universe. In today’s connected world, more employees are doing work “out there”—either face-to-face with customers, in far-flung locations or simply in their pajamas.
- Employee Expense Reimbursements: Compliance Workshop
May 6, 2014 1:00pm
The legal and financial risks of mishandling employee expense reimbursements have spiked in recent years. And the IRS is in the middle of a wide-ranging audit crackdown on employment-tax issues.
- Creating Excel Charts & Graphs
May 7, 2014 1:00pm
What’s the best way to communicate complex statistics? Charts and graphs. But does the process seem more complex than the data? Not anymore.
- How to Talk About Difficult Topics at Work: Conflict, Criticism & Sensitive Subjects
May 8, 2014 1:00pm
We tend to avoid difficult conversations because talking about sensitive topics feels hazardous or uncomfortable. However, delaying these discussions frequently makes the situation worse.
- Beyond Behavioral Interviewing: Ask the Right Questions & Evaluate the Answers Correctly
May 9, 2014 1:00pm
A simple shift in the way you ask interview questions can dramatically boost your chances of identifying a candidate who’ll succeed at the job. Research shows that behavioral interviewing no longer gives you all the results you used to get.